The following booklets and videos were produced by Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust before Mindworks Surrey came into existence. While the branding is now out of date, we wanted to leave the resources available as they contain useful information.
Looking after your mental and physical wellbeing during these difficult and worrying times can be difficult.
Advice for children, young people and their parents/carers:
- Covid-19 Resource Pack for Parents and Carers - contains information and resources to support your family through the transition back to school.
- Covid-19 Young Person's Resource Pack - resources to support you through the relaxing lockdown phases and changes that Covid-19 has brought to your lives.
You may find the following video resources useful:
- What is anxiety? Helping you support your child
- Strategies for Managing Anxiety. Helping you to support your child
- Transitions to a new school: COVID-19. Helping you to support your child
- Returning to school following lockdown and COVID-19. Helping you to support your child
- Anxiety in the context of COVID-19. Helping you to support your child
There's also lots more information about Coronavirus for young people and adults on the Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS FT website.
- Early Intervention Resource Pack for Schools - CAMHS and CFHS
- Managing the Transition for Year 2, 6, 11, and more following Covid-19 - A resource pack for schools, families and carers from Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS FT
- Information for parents and carers - Surrey Family Information Service
- Children's guide to Coronavirus - the Children's Commissioner
- Boloh - The Black and Asian family Covid-19 Helpline. Black and Asian children, young people and families affected by Covid-19 can speak to them: about their worries, their problems and their stresses during this time. Between Monday and Friday, 1pm and 8pm, they will provide emotional support, advice and signposting to other organisations who can provide further help.
- Advice for parents during Coronavirus - Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Talking to your children about Coronavirus – Young Minds
- Looking after your mental health while self-isolating – Young Minds
- Supporting young people's mental health during periods of disruption - Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
- Guidance for parents and carers on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak - Public Health England
- Newsround: Your coronavirus questions answered - BBC
- Kooth online support poster - details of support available from the Kooth charity
- Helping children cope with stress during the Coronavirus outbreak - World Health Organization