We have many different services that offer support if you're having difficult feelings, problems with relationships, worries about sex and gender, learning difficulties, or problems with food, addiction and behaviour. 

Once you have been introduced to us by your GP, teacher or social care worker, we will carefully consider the information we’ve been given and look at how best we can help you. 

The types of things we might suggest for you are:

  • that you access our guided self-help and online counselling services
  • that you receive some counselling from one of our therapists
  • that we help find you some job training
  • that you come for an appointment with one of our Community Teams or a specialist service (for example the Eating Disorders service).

By working together with our User Voice Participation groups, we've learned that some young people find it hard to go to their appointments when they don't know anything about the person they'll be meeting. If you're a young person, carer, or part of their family, you can contact the service you’ll be seeing to get details about your clinician such as the clinician's name or even their hobbies. If having this information would be helpful for you, just use the contact details on your appointment letter to get in touch with the team.