We are a multi-disciplinary team providing a dedicated service to children and young people aged 0 - 18 years who are subject to either an adoption or Special Guardianship Order, as well as their adoptive parent(s) / special guardians and any professionals who are involved.
Children and young people who have been placed in Surrey by another Local Authority or an adoption agency can access our services after three years of the adoption or Special Guardianship Order having been issued. We also offer support and guidance to adoptive parent(s) and special guardians as well as the professional network that may be supporting them.
How we can help you
We offer therapeutic assistance to children, young people, adoptive parents, guardians and the professional networks to reduce distress, increase resilience and attend to mental health problems that can get in the way of a child or young person’s ongoing healthy development.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of mental health professionals including nurses, arts therapists, social workers, assistant psychologists, psychologists and psychiatrists.
- Time to think and plan with parents, guardians and multi-agency networks about problematic behaviours and family situations that are having an adverse impact upon children, young people and their families
- Comprehensive assessments of therapeutic need linked to mental health problems and difficulties
- A range of therapies and support for children, young people and their families
- Specialist advice, consultation and training for professionals, parents and guardians involved in the care of children and young people.
How to access our service
We only accept requests for support from health, education and social care professionals. This ensures that every child or young person who comes to us is in contact with the right service and receives appropriate treatment and support. Please contact your GP, teacher or social care worker to request support for a child or young person.
To contact us or make a request for support:
- Visit the secure web portal:
Please make your request for support on Google Chrome.
- Write to Access and Advice:
Write to us at Mindworks Surrey Access and Advice, First Floor, Dominion House, Woodbridge Road, Guildford, GU1 4PU
- Call Access and Advice:
- Call 0300 222 5755
- We are open 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 12pm, Saturday. The service is not open on bank holidays.
Social workers from the below teams should make referrals through the social work referral pathway:
- Child in Need
- Child Protection
- Children with Disabilities
For children up to 18 years of age and their families, living in Surrey and 20 miles from the border, who have been adopted or who are under a special guardianship order, who have complex mental health needs relating to trauma and attachment.
- Epsom and Ewell
- Mole Valley
- Reigate and Banstead
- Surrey Heath