Alliance partner Barnardo’s aim is to support parents/carers of children (6 to 18 years old) who have a diagnosis of, or are in the process of getting a diagnosis of, ADHD. We give parents and carers strategies to manage challenging behaviour whilst gaining support from parents or carers in a similar situation.
We have groups all over Surrey that run during the day and evening. This support and advice is delivered in an eight week programme; within your local community, during school hours, or in the evenings.
We empower parents by helping them to:
- gain confidence and skills as parents when living with a child with ADHD
- exploring how positive parenting is beneficial to the family as a whole
- discuss strategies for effective behaviour management
- have the opportunity to meet with other parents
- understanding the importance of clear communication for a child with ADHD
We have two skills building programmes:
- The Parent Factor in ADHD is for parents/carers of children that have an ADHD diagnosis (8 week skills building programme).
- The Nurturing Programme, delivered with ADHD as a clear focus, is for those parents/carers awaiting a diagnosis for their child. (8 week skills building programme).
For further information please visit Barnardo's - Surrey Positive Parenting Service.
- Mole Valley
- Reigate and Banstead
- Surrey Heath
We only accept requests for support from health, education and social care professionals. All children and young people need to be registered with a GP in Surrey to be directed to this service.
To make a request for support:
- Visit the electronic referral system - GPs only
- Visit the secure Riviam web portal - GPs, schools and other professionals
Please make your request for support on Google Chrome
- Call Access and Advice on 0300 222 5755
We are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 12pm Saturday. The service is not open on bank holidays.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Social workers from the below teams should make requests for support through the social work pathway:
- Child in Need
- Child Protection
- Children with Disabilities
Parents/carers that have been directed to us can expect to receive a phone call from a Barnardo’s worker within five working days. They will introduce the service and give an opportunity to discuss the support and needs required as well as answering any questions.