We are a proud alliance partner of Mindworks. At Barnardo’s Surrey Positive Parenting we support parents/carers of children (6 to 18 years old) who have a diagnosis of ADHD or are in the process of getting a diagnosis of ADHD. We give parents and carers strategies to manage challenging behaviour whilst gaining support from parents or carers in a similar situation.
We have groups all over Surrey that run during the day and evening, online and face to face. This support and advice is delivered in an eight week programme; within your local community, during school hours, or in the evenings.
We empower parents by helping them to:
- gain confidence and skills as parents when living with a child with ADHD
- exploring how positive parenting is beneficial to the family as a whole
- discuss strategies for effective behaviour management
- have the opportunity to meet with other parents
- understanding the importance of clear communication for a child with ADHD
We have two skills building programmes:
- The Parent Factor in ADHD is for parents/carers of children that have an ADHD diagnosis (8 week skills building programme).
- The Nurturing Programme, delivered with ADHD as a clear focus, is for those parents/carers awaiting a diagnosis for their child. (8 week skills building programme).
For further information please visit Barnardo's - Surrey Positive Parenting Service.
- Epsom & Ewell
- Mole Valley
- Reigate and Banstead
- Surrey Heath