The Autism (Autism Spectrum Condition) Wellbeing Coordinators provide support primarily to the parent or carer, not the child or young person.
One-to-one support is bespoke depending on family priorities and circumstances, but would typically include:
- Supporting understanding of the child’s needs or diagnosis and how they impact the child or family
- Discussion around particular needs eg behaviour, communication or sensory differences, and strategies that can support the development of these
- Signposting or connecting with relevant services
We also offer:
- Monthly drop-ins for parents and carers to access ad hoc support
- Monthly topic based workshops
There is limited scope to work directly with the child or young person, where a significant need to do so is identified through our work with the family.
A child or young person does not need to have a diagnosis of autism in order for them or their family to be able to access our services, they may instead have social and communication difficulties or autism traits identified by the child, parent, or supporting professionals.
Contact: 01483 521744 or email email@example.com
Requests for support can be made through the Access & Advice Team on 0300 222 5755.