Primary Mental Health Team
All Surrey Maintained and Academy schools have free access to our Primary Mental Health Workers who support children, young people, parents and carers to identify and help prevent emotional wellbeing and mental health issues like depression and anxiety through a range of early intervention services.
Our work with local authority schools is delivered through the Targeting Mental Health in Schools approach (TaMHS), which has been running for over 10 years across Surrey. This offer includes consultation for school staff, whole school training and network meetings.
To find out more please watch the brief introductory film below or read more about our Primary Mental Health Team here.
To find out more and be put in touch with your school’s Primary Mental Health Worker, contact the clinic numbers below or Access and Advice on 0300 222 5755. They are your first point of contact if you are concerned about a child or young person.
Primary Mental Health Teams:
- North East team (covering East Elmbridge, Epsom & Ewell, Mole Valley)
- South East team (covering Tandridge, Redhill, Reigate & Banstead)
- North West team (covering Ashford, Woking, Spelthorne, Runnymede, West Elmbridge)
- South West team (covering Surrey Heath, Frimley)
- Guildford team (covering Guildford and Waverley)
To find out more about wellbeing, emotional wellbeing and mental health services for Surrey Schools please follow the links below: