We are a multi-disciplinary team providing a dedicated service to children and young people aged 0 - 18 years who are subject to either an adoption or Special Guardianship Order, as well as their adoptive parent(s) / special guardians and any professionals who are involved.
Children and young people who have been placed in Surrey by another Local Authority or an adoption agency can access our services after three years of the adoption or Special Guardianship Order having been issued. We also offer support and guidance to adoptive parent(s) and special guardians as well as the professional network that may be supporting them.
How we can help you
We offer therapeutic assistance to children, young people, adoptive parents, guardians and the professional networks to reduce distress, increase resilience and attend to mental health problems that can get in the way of a child or young person’s ongoing healthy development.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of mental health professionals including nurses, arts therapists, social workers, assistant psychologists, psychologists and psychiatrists.
- Time to think and plan with parents, guardians and multi-agency networks about problematic behaviours and family situations that are having an adverse impact upon children, young people and their families
- Comprehensive assessments of therapeutic need linked to mental health problems and difficulties
- A range of therapies and support for children, young people and their families
- Specialist advice, consultation and training for professionals, parents and guardians involved in the care of children and young people.
How to access our service
We only accept requests for support from health, education and social care professionals. This ensures that every child or young person who comes to us is in contact with the right service and receives appropriate treatment and support. Please contact your GP, teacher or social care worker to request support for a child or young person.
To contact us or make a request for support:
- Via the national electronic referral system (e-RS) GPs only
- Visit the secure Riviam web portal: GPs, schools and other professionals
Please make your request for support on Google Chrome.
- Call Access and Advice on 0300 222 5755
We are open 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 12pm, Saturday. The service is not open on bank holidays.
Any child and young person aged 0-18 years who are subject to either an adoption or Special Guardianship Order in Surrey. Also, their adoptive parent(s) / special guardians and any professionals who are involved.
Please note, for children who have been placed for adoption by another local authority or adoption agency, they would be able to access services after 3 years of living in Surrey.
- Epsom and Ewell
- Mole Valley
- Reigate and Banstead
- Surrey Heath