Our Care Leavers service is for young people aged 16 to 25 years old who are struggling with emotional and mental health difficulties. Some of their concerns could be difficult thoughts, feelings and behaviours that they cannot understand. For example, difficulties managing areas of their life such as relationships, education or employment.
As well as experiencing difficult thoughts and feelings, they may be experiencing difficulties in other areas of their life such as problems with alcohol, drugs or homelessness. The Care Leavers service can provide support and help find a service that will offer support to have better control over these issues.
We provide a primary mental health service which offers additional support but does not replace existing provision for this age group, including under 18s or the Community Mental Health Recovery Services (CMHRS) for over 18s.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of mental health professionals including nurses, arts therapists, social workers, assistant psychologists, psychologists and psychiatrists.
Our Care Leavers service aims to:
- Support young people to have their voice heard throughout their treatment
- Provide support to young people to reduce the risk of long term mental health needs
- Support young people to access appropriate services that will meet your needs
- Carry out assessment and provide individual support sessions for young people
- Advocate for and support young people when they might require ongoing support from adult services
- Ensure they are treated as an individual and work in partnership with them throughout their time in contact with us.
Surrey, KT19 8PH
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Service Manager: Emina Atic-Lee
You can contact the Care Leavers service directly if you would like advice, information or would like to talk through a concern about mental health. Call 01372 203096.
If a care leaver is previously known to the service or is currently receiving support from Surrey Children’s Services, they can be referred via the current consultation process provided to Personal Advisers by their named Care Leavers Service Specialist Mental Health Practitioner.
If you have any questions about a child or young person’s mental health, call Access and Advice on 0300 222 5755. We are open 8am tp 8pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 12pm, Saturday. The service is not open on bank holidays.
We only accept requests for support from health and social care professionals.
To contact us or make a request for support:
- Surrey Personal Advisors making a request for support for a Surrey Care Leaver living in Surrey should complete this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the electronic referral system - GPs only
- Visit the secure Riviam web portal - GPs, schools and other professionals
Please make your request for support on Google Chrome
- Call Access and Advice on 0300 222 5755
We are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 12pm Saturday. The service is not open on bank holidays.
For any young person aged 16 to 25 years who is under the Surrey County Council Care Leavers team living in Surrey, and who requires mental health support.
- Epsom and Ewell
- Mole Valley
- Reigate and Banstead
- Surrey Heath