We help and support children and young people in Surrey who are feeling very sad, worried, angry or upset. We help you to work out difficult thoughts and feelings and learn new skills so that you find it easier to deal with those feelings and have a happier life. We also help parents or carers to so that they can help you too.
We look at relationships in the family and encourage friendships at home and school. Mindworks Surrey can help if you:
- feel sad or like you don't want to be here any more
- have problems with your family, friends or at school
- hurt yourself or want to hurt yourself
- feel anxious and scared
- have problems eating or with food
- have trouble sleeping or talking
- hear voices or see things
- feel angry or are struggling to control your behaviour or temper.
- find it hard to concentrate or get on with friends
- have to check or repeat things, or worry about germs
- don't like yourself or have low self-confidence
A teacher, parent or your carer may notice that you are finding it difficult to cope with your feelings and situations such as finding school difficult or having lots of worries. They will ask for help and advice from us on how best to help you.
You may have come to this website from school, college or university, or maybe your GP has told you about us. If you or someone you know thinks you need some extra support then you are in the right place. We are here to help children and young people, like you, and their families to work out difficult thoughts and feelings and equip them with more skills so they can get on better with life.