The Extended Hope assessment and support service aims to support young people facing emotional and mental health crisis outside of normal office hours or requiring, following assessment, a respite/crisis bed at Extended Hope for up to seven days.
It is staffed by residential workers and a community psychiatric nurse who will undertake mental health assessments of young people and can offer support to that young person and their family/carer. The service operates between the hours of 5-11 pm, seven days a week and can be accessed through the 24/7 crisis line on 0800 915 4644.
Extended Hope has two main services
- A house where young people can go to be assessed and supported in a safe environment for a maximum of seven days. As well as providing respite during a crisis, Extended Hope and its staff also support the family to create a plan of care, hopefully preventing the situation escalating and a hospital referral.
- Out-of-hours emergency support - this emergency support service can be reached by telephone 5pm – 11pm, seven days a week. This service is maintained by psychiatric nurses who can give support and care when most day services are closed.
For further information about Extended Hope please visit the Hope Service website.
- Epsom and Ewell
- Mole Valley
- Reigate and Banstead
- Surrey Heath
- Service manager: Lisa Wade
- Resource manager: Samantha Heighes
- 5pm to 11pm, Monday to Sunday.
- Seven days a week.
Out of hours contact: The service operates 5pm to 11pm seven days a week and can be accessed through the crisis line on 0800 915 4644.